Thursday 13 October 2011

Marketing - the key to business success

I have been continuously hearing this statement ever since my days in secondary school. I have seen "it" written on books, websites etc. I have heard consultants and trainers talking about it. I know a lot of organisations believe in this statement and make this a part of their way of life. But I am not sure how well our local organisations do marketing.

We always see marketing in a very big way, but it can be as simple as keeping in touch with a potential customer. I have had a wealth of experience of this nature. Sending gentle reminders to customers about  relevant products and services, wishing them on their birthdays, approaching them and giving them messages about  products and services in a subtle way are simple tactics. These are very common strategies used by organisations. But very few local organisations do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment